Thursday, July 03, 2008

Deep Thoughts...

OK. Sometimes weird things occur to me. They're quite random.

Today, when I was getting ready for work, I was thinking of words that end in "-ender". Think about it... there are quite a few words in the English language that end in "-ender".

A
B - bender
C
D - dender? not so much.
E
F - fender
G - gender
H
I
J
K - not in English, but in Danish kender means "connoisseur"
L - lender
M - mender
N
O
P - pender? one who pends? (not really a word in English, but it sounds like one)
Q
R - render
S - sender
T - tender
U - Upender (thanks, Auntie Lu!)
V - vendor (I know, it's not spelled right, but it sounds the same)
W - wender? one who wends? (not really a word in English, but it sounds like one); Weekender! (thanks, Auntie Lu!)
X Y Z

Oh, and two for the price of one: fender-bender! (thanks, Auntie Lu!)
I know... I know... I'm a dork. (haha)

No comments: