Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fourth of July Trip 2006 - Decker Portion

Well, I started the week at Chris' house, then went to Laurel's. Somehow, I missed pretty much all fireworks shows. I kind of missed the fireworks, and was hoping to get to see them. I saw the tail end of the show in Rome, NY, but it was from about two miles away. Not quite the best seats in the house.

When I got to Chris and Gina's, I saw (left to right) Elizabeth, Adam, Heather, and Erik watching some tv. It's not the norm to see all four of them sitting still. They are SUCH busy kids. I just loved seeing this moment of peace. Drinking their morning juice. :)



It was, after all, Matthew's birthday on July 6th, so I was able to be there for his birthday party. It was SO nice! Lots of family around, an enormous cake (with PILES of icing), and a happy birthday boy who happened to eat NONE of the cake that he had specifically requested.
Ah... the joys of being eight.



Now, Chris and Gina's goal was to put in the flag pole quickly. Heck, with an aunt and grandparents around to help, it should be totally doable! Well, they didn't count for their own kids' deep-seated interest in what Mom and Dad are doing.

I think they did a GREAT job! It looks fabulous.

Grandma and Grandpa Decker... playing with Adam.

No comments: